IKE OR NOT, GET YOUR ROOF STORM READY
An Ohio we see the aftermath of hurricanes. Here’s what you need to know about the storms and what they’re capable of. There are also ways to prepare your roof for strong storms.
What strong storms are capable of:
- A category 1 or 2 storm has the potential to tear of shingles or tiling. This could lead to leaking into your attic. If you don’t replace the shingles lost during the storm you are making your roof vulnerable to leaking and even more damage.
- A category 3 or 4 storm wind can cause damage to the roof covering, the top of the roof decking and gable. The wind is strong to blow pieces of debris that could affect your roof. A street sign or tree limb could be blow around and thrown into your roof causing a hole.
- A category 5 storm has winds so strong it could tear of your entire roof.
Here’s some ways that could help you avoid some of the possible damages:
- Clean out your gutters
- Make sure your downspouts are clear and functioning correctly.
- Remove any low hanging branches or dead limbs or trees.
- Have your roof inspected before and after
- Inspecting before allows any damages to be fixed before the storm comes and avoids further damages.
It’s hard to tell if your roof has storm damage when you’re standing on the ground, so call the professionals today to set up your free roof inspection and estimate.